Albuquerque: a sprawling sun-soaked desert full of soccer moms and meth heads, once the envy of Mexico City, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap fried chicken.
Amidst the turmoil, three very different family members plot their own chances of survival and success: Walter, a science teacher turned drug lord; Skyler, the drug lord’s wife who dreams of getting him out of the game and into her car wash empire; and Hank, the beer-loving DEA agent intent on bringing them both down. Running out of options, these three characters risk everything in a series of daring and dangerous events that could end their lives.
The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V: Breaking Bad blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story. In addition, players will be afforded the occasional opportunity to take control of beloved side characters from the hit TV series, like meth cook protege Jesse Pinkman, scumbag lawyer Saul Goodman, actor DJ Qualls, teenage douchebag Walt Jr., that guy who got his throat slit, bald hitman Mike Ehrmantraut, fried chicken impresario Gustavo Fring, Saul’s fat security guard, purple person Marie Schrader, Jesse’s Dead Girlfriend*, all-around creepy guy Todd, Doug from Flight of the Conchords, Hank’s partner Steve Gomez and Bill Burr. That prostitute who had her own blowjob montage will be available as downloadable content on January 1.
All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto and Breaking Bad’s darkly humorous take on the drug trade, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer. In Grand Theft Auto V: Breaking Bad, players will be able to involve themselves in the game world more than ever before:
- Attend Walt’s chemotherapy treatments.
- Help Skyler manage the car wash business.
- Replace the White household’s water heater.
- Embark on 24-hour methamphetamine cooks in real time.
- Breastfeed Skyler’s baby.
- Re-enact Marie and Hank’s handjob competition.
- Gas up Walt and Jesse’s RV.
- Keep the books for Ted Beneke before taking over your own car wash.
- Have sex with Ted Beneke before taking over your own car wash.
- Poison children.
- Use Walt’s beige Aztek to mow down competing drug dealers.
- Teach Hank to walk again in dozens of physical therapy sessions.
- Launder your own drug money (includes opportunity to buy other famous Breaking Bad locations, like the nail salon or laser tag arcade).
- Manage Hank’s mineral collection.
- Attend open houses as Marie and steal items without being detected.
- See if you too have what it takes to shoot Gale Boetticher in the head.
- Attend Jesse’s group rehab sessions and talk about your feelings.
- Get high with non-playable characters like Badger and Skinny Pete.
Developed by series creators Rockstar North, in cooperation with AMC, Grand Theft Auto V: Breaking Bad will be available worldwide on December 6 for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3.
* Spoiler Alert