How can the creative dudes in OK Go top their most audacious video yet? We have some ideas we’d like to pitch:
- Lay the music over footage of the 2008 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony.
- A traditional performance video, but only ever released on Betamax.
- Maybe a music video with a LOT of choreography; like really good choreography.
- The guys are playing music in a blue room, and toward the end some dogs come running out.
- Defrost Walt Disney and bring him back to life. He starts singing the song as his heart resumes beating.
- Convince Barack Obama to declare war on North Korea. New single plays over first footage of bombs being dropped on Pyongyang.
- “Here It Goes Again” sequel, but this time everybody’s on ellipticals!!!
- What if it’s just a PowerPoint full of cat pictures? (Or: cats in sweaters?)
- Re-create Pavement’s “Cut Your Hair” video shot-for-shot. Reunite Pavement to play the members of OK Go.
- Video turns out to be a teaser trailer for Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Film the band going over Niagara Falls, or into space (depending on budget).
- Band lives in the Big Brother house; loop song 24/7 for the duration of their stay.
- Hard to explain in print, but it’s a synchronized swimming / competitive eating hybrid.
- The guys just play their instruments in costumes (e.g. hobo, pirate, sexy nurse), but we blindfold the editor.
- The band delivers a baby. (On exercise equipment???)
- Does anyone know Quentin Tarantino? He would be a huge get.
- Make the video exactly 6 minutes and 8 seconds long, then release a new second of it every day for a year.